Learn Vital Cannabis Retail Insights, Hidden Challenges & Proven Strategies
Join Cova for a FREE one-day cannabis industry seminar designed to help you navigate the unique challenges of opening a cannabis retail store in Ontario. With sessions covering startup advice, compliance tips, and operational best practices, this seminar is your opportunity to learn from the Cova team.
Cova is the POS powering 90% of Ontario’s cannabis stores, and our goal is to share best practices with new retailers to keep the industry growing. Joining us for this seminar is Steven Fry, first-round retail lottery winner, author of Confessions of a Legal Pot Dealer, and founder of Sessions Cannabis.
You can watch Steven's recent interview with BNN Bloomberg.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that each guest registers to attend.
- Date: November 20, 2019
- Location: Holiday Inn Toronto-Yorkdale
- 9:30 - 10:45 a.m. How to Open a Cannabis Retail Store
- Key costs of opening a cannabis store
- Tips to design a winning dispensary experience
- Q & A with guest speaker, Steven Fry
- 11:00 am - 12:00 p.m. The Basics of Compliance in Ontario
- Top compliance issues and how to avoid them
- What are the taxes and how they will be applied in Ontario
- 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. Best Practices for Operating a Cannabis Store
- Inventory management best practices
- Metrics you need to measure to run a successful dispensary
- How to recruit and manage employees
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. Demo of Cova POS
- We'll apply everything discussed to the Cova Software suite
Our seminar combines Cova’s 20 years' retail experiences with expertise from cannabis consultants, retail technologists, and retailers across US and Canada to help you successfully navigate this new industry. RSVP today!