Do you thrive in exciting yet unpredictable environments? Like working hard but don’t take things too seriously? Want to be a part of growing a dynamic company? Well then… let’s talk.
Cova is a leading provider of end-to-end retail solutions for the legal cannabis industry. You can find our dispensary POS software in over 19,000 stores across North America in many different verticals, and we support customers who have one location and some who have thousands of locations. Our company values center around an entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on speed and agility, innovation, quality and customer service. We support community-building events and worthy causes because we believe in reaching out, taking part and giving back. It’s a big part of who we are.
There are only a few industries per generation where you can jump on board a rocket that is taking off. Legal cannabis is the one for this time in history. Cova is a start-up within a solid, well established software company and we intend to own the market for the operational software running these dispensaries. We have already invested millions of dollars to get ahead of demand as additional states legalize and license new cannabis retail stores.
Our office is casual, accessible to easy public transportation and parking, and within striking distance of coffee shops, pubs and yes, restaurants. We have stipend toward fitness classes, and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching 401K and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks.
Account Executive (Seattle, WA)
We are looking for a talented and driven Account Executive to join our team. You would be responsible for presenting Cova products and services to acquire new dispensary accounts across a geographic territory. You would be adding new dispensary accounts by building relationships and expanding the brand through direct field sales.
- Actively sell the Cova Point of Sale solution and other Cova dispensary services while maintaining an established production level. Generate leads and calls on prospective business clients; while partnering with internal teams to generate cross-sell opportunities.
- Keep current on product knowledge, competition and local compliance issues related to legal cannabis’ retail operations.
- Identify new prospects and revenue opportunities using referrals generated from business partners, lead lists generated for assigned market, referrals from current merchants, and self-sourcing.
- Respond promptly to prospect inquiries and requests by preparing proposals and presentations to Dispensary prospects as needed.
- Provide regular updates and reports concerning prospect status, revenue and deal count achievement and campaign successes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience selling as an outside B2B sales person
- Comfortable working with legal cannabis dispensaries
- 2-5 years of quota carrying software or technology sales as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Travel 25-40% within US
- Proven record of success in a fast-moving environment: building a funnel and managing multiple opportunities
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- PC literate with Microsoft Office Suite experience.
What Really Matters:
A lot can be learned or trained, but there are a few things that can’t:
- Strongly self-motivated with a drive to succeed
- Caring about our clients and their customers
- Being able to collaborate with others to ensure that we all succeed together
- Contributor to very highly talented team that has a lot experience busting open new markets
We pay for talent and incentivize success
- Base Salary and Commissions
- All selling expenses reimbursed
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Ability to participate in 401K
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.