Do you thrive in exciting yet unpredictable environments? Like working hard but don’t take things too seriously? Want to be a part of growing a dynamic company? Well then… let’s talk.
Cova is a leading provider of end-to-end retail solutions for the legal cannabis industry. Our company values center around an entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on speed and agility, innovation, quality and customer service. We support community-building events and worthy causes because we believe in reaching out, taking part and giving back. It’s a big part of who we are.
There are only a few industries per generation where you can jump on board a rocket that is taking off. Legal cannabis is the one for this time in history. Cova is a start-up within a solid, well established software company and we intend to own the market for the operational software running these dispensaries. We have already invested millions of dollars to get ahead of demand as additional states legalize and license new cannabis retail stores.
Our office is casual, accessible to easy public transportation and parking, and within striking distance of coffee shops, pubs and yes, restaurants. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks.
Full Stack Developer
To develop clean code that helps advance our software solution for cannabis retailers.
- Developing and evolving our backend service code and SPA frontend to meet business and technical requirements
- Requesting clarity from the Product Owner on business requirements
- Requesting clarity from the Technical Lead on technical requirements
- Providing feedback on other Developer pull requests
- Incorporating feedback from pull requests and adjusting coding practices
- Identifying and reducing technical debt
- Documenting services, apps, processes, and guides
- Providing input into estimation through sprint planning
- Following the development and release workflow
- Writing unit tests to cover new functionality and previously untested functionality
- Analyzing stories for clear acceptance criteria that can be developed against
- Preparing, scheduling, and performing releases as directed by the Release Manager and the release workflow
- Investigating and resolving issues with our applications and services
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Aptitude for working independently while coordinating with a small team
- Experience with building and maintaining micro-services
- Experience with building web services in C#
- One or more client-side SPA frameworks (Backbone, Marionette, Ember, Angular, etc)
- CSS3 & CSS frameworks and preprocessors (Bootstrap, SASS)
- Experience with a variety of Automated Testing methodologies (Unit, Integration, etc.)
- An understanding of Design Patterns, and practical usage of them
- Knowledge of RESTful Micro-Services and Cloud Architecture
- Development experience with cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure)
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.