We’re in the midst of a green wave. Nearly sixty percent of the North American population lives in an area where marijuana is legal to some degree, with a third of those enjoying legal recreational use. The dispensary industry in North America has sprung up practically overnight, creating jobs, opportunities and revenue streams for those in the know.
But it’s not an easy road. This market is heavily, but unevenly, regulated, and fly- by-night operations are not tolerated. How do you join the revolution while staying on the right side of the law?
We’ve written this How to Open a Cannabis Dispensary ebook as a comprehensive primer on the emerging marijuana industry. We’ve researched and collated information from across the spectrum, organized it into broad categories, and provided reference links to essential resources.
Read on to learn how to open a dispensary through the following steps:
- Step 1: Writing your business plan
- Step 2: Estimating the costs of opening your dispensary
- Step 3: Securing financing
- Step 4: Finding the right personnel to run your dispensary
- Step 5: Searching for potential dispensary locations
- Step 6: Designing and laying out your dispensary
- Step 7: Choosing the right technology infrastructure
- Step 8: Creating a dispensary security plan
- Step 9: Sourcing your flower
- Step 10: Applying for a dispensary license